DocAuthority and filerskeepers offer organisations end-to-end records retention which enables organizations to discover, organize their data and apply data retention to their structured and unstructured databases.
The DocAuthority team came together with the mission to create a disruptive platform to help organisations understand where their sensitive data is, who has access to this data and exactly what it contains and how to organize it, archive it and defensibly delete it. DocAuthority’s mission is to take unstructured data from the chaos of today to the compliance of tomorrow. As a solution that groups data into well-defined categories DocAuthority is entrusted with safeguarding the data of many leading enterprises.
“By joining our specialties we are bringing the most up-to-date retention policies and automate their implementation.” – Ariel Peled (Co-founder and CTO with DocAuthority)
How DocAuthority works with filerskeepers
Depending on their size, organizations have millions to billions of unstructured digital records. Because of the sheer size of this issue, it is impossible to manually assign policies to records. Thus, discovery is required to reduce the amount of work required. DocAuthority and filerskeepers offer organisations end-to-end records retention through the following steps:
- Step 1: provide records taxonomy best aligned with your business, and suggest retention periods based on relevant regulations (on a per country basis) provided by filerskeepers
- Step 2: automatically create an inventory list of unstructured digital records
- Step 3: catalog digital records using discovery and assign retention policies
- Step 4: quality check of retention policies
- Step 5: help dispose of obsolete digital records
- Step 6: ongoing discovery of newly created records, and an automatic cataloging and assignment of retention policies
Benefits of using both DocAuthority and filerskeepers
DocAuthority offers dramatic benefits to businesses wishing to carry out document retention.
Using DocAuthority to support your records and data retention activities can save you money and reduce risk for your business. It will do this by;
- Reducing the volume of personal and sensitive data that you hold
- Enabling efficient and effective ‘evergreen’ mechanisms which provide assurance
- Reducing storage costs, audit costs and the resource costs necessary to demonstrate compliance
Categorise all records in scope into well-defined business categories (exceptions and exclusions exist), taking into account the context of the records. Regulated records vs non-regulated records are distinguished. Records and data elements are separated. Categorization allows you to define the sensitivity level of data and to improve security and proper data governance.
Classification of categories
- Classification of business categories (file groups)
- Consistent, automated, low effort, done with data owners, no end users
- API integration
- Read / Write permissions can be assessed by document types / business categories
- Over privileged accounts can be easily identified and remediated.
Apply retention obligations to data
filerskeepers offers insight into applicable legislation and has vast experience in facilitation choices with regards retention periods. DocAuthority data retention is assigned to records based on their types (business categories), enabling defensible deletion. Applying retention policies is quick and easy to evidence, one time definition effort, new records automatically assigned policies
Deletion and archiving?
DocAuthority enables you to perform defensible deletion of data. In other words you will be able to explain why and how you have deleted the data. On a per data category level. Data owners will receive automated suggestions to delete data. After their approval it will be irreversibly deleted.
Why we love DocAuthority
When it comes to managing data governance and data retention for structured and unstructured data, it is often thought that managing structured data will be hard while managing unstructured data will be virtually impossible. With DocAuthority you will have an elegant, innovative and mostly powerful tool to manage data governance and data retention in all your data repositories. Sa hello to control over your data!
Frequently Asked questions
• What are the categories that are automatically generated?
Each category generated represents a clear business purpose. E.g., Balance Sheet, Employment Agreement, Invoice, Design Document, Travel From.
• What kind of setup or professional services are needed for the categories?
No customization, no setup or tuning is needed, DocAuthority automatically creates the business categories without human intervention, either pre or post.
• Do you have your own predefined categories’ name list?
We do not have predefined names, each organization will have their own specific business categories names (automatically generated). However, most categories are common across departments.
• How much effort is it to deploy the system?
DocAuthority will create about 100 key categories per department. It takes about 2-5 minutes to assign a policy per each category.
• What policies can be assigned to the category?
Sensitivity classification, DLP/CASB sharing policies, access permissions, retention schedules, enforce encryption, DSAR predefined rules
• Why use business categories?
Files in categories share the same business purpose, and are used in the same manor within their business process. Hence, they share the same policies.
• Reducing effort with business categories while increasing consistency and accuracy
Normally, the average key category has multiple thousands of documents and therefore all the files will receive the relevant polices centrally and consistently.
• What is the cost of ongoing maintenance?
Very small. The business categories are evergreen, that is, each new file created will automatically be assigned to its relevant business category, automatically inheriting all the relevant policies.