filerskeepers Developer Guidelines
Version 0.1 – February 2020
Our goal is to solve records retention once and for all. Applications are an important part of making filerskeepers useful. We welcome Application developers and are excited to see the amazing experiences you are building with filerskeepers content. By “Application,” we mean any software application, functionality, website, product or service that you create that uses the filerskeepers API. Developers are required to comply with this policy and our related API terms and other obligations. When we use the term “Services” we are referring to filerskeepers’ services and related systems and technology, as well as filerskeepers’ websites and all of the information and content made available by or on behalf of filerskeepers through any of those services.
Privacy, safety and a high-quality End User experience are very important, and this Policy is designed with those goals in mind. We can’t cover every type of Application in this Policy, but we aim to give guidance to developers so that you understand what Applications will be included in filerskeepers’ app directory and what Applications will not. To protect End Users and our Services, we reserve the right to take any action we deem necessary if an Application violates the letter or spirit of this Policy. By “End User” we mean any authorized End User as defined in our terms and conditions, including anyone who interacts with the Application directly or indirectly or anyone whose Content is exposed to or used by the Application. By “Content” we mean data, filerskeepers Intellectual Property Rights, know-how, research, retention obligations, database structure, endpoints, documentation, guidance and any other information offered through the endpoints of the filerskeepers API and filerskeepers.co., including messages, files, comments, profile information, metadata and token data.
Security: We take the security of Content very seriously, and you must as well. Your network and the operating system and software of your web servers, databases, and computer systems must be properly configured to securely operate your Application and store Content. Content must be stored and served using strong encryption. In addition, Applications and developers are prohibited from:
- Degrading or compromising security in any way
- Providing access to filerskeepers in any fraudulent or unauthorized way, including bypassing or circumventing filerskeepers protocols and access controls
- Using unpublished API
- Including misleading and/or deceptive statements about Application functionality, performance, origin or Content use
- Transmitting any viruses or other code that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system or Content
- Attempting to reverse engineer or otherwise derive source code, trade secrets, or know-how in the filerskeepers API or any portion thereof
End User Experience: Every Application must be useful, appropriate, respect End User privacy, and provide a generally good End User experience. In keeping with this, Applications and developers are prohibited from:
- Degrading or compromising performance of the Services
- Using vulgar or obscene language or images. Your Application must not contain or offer content that is violent, extreme or that a reasonable person would consider inappropriate for the workplace
- Offering sexually-oriented or adult content. Your Application must not contain or offer content that a reasonable person would consider pornographic or indecent
- Creating poor End User experiences that do not add value to End Users in a work setting or that detract from the overall utility of filerskeepers and the overall Application ecosystem
- Displaying inappropriate communications through your Application. The purpose of the Application and End User expectations must be clear and transparent and match filerskeepers requirements and expectations
- Neglecting appropriate customer assistance. Every Application must include a link to installation instructions and customer support information, including a contact for customer support. You must keep your Application updated and provide timely and accurate End User support
Business: In using filerskeepers API, developers must agree to respect our business as we respect yours. Every Application must behave in accordance with appropriate and accepted business conduct. As part of good business practices, Applications and developers are prohibited from:
- Circumventing filerskeepers’ intended limitations and restrictions (including pricing, features and access structures). You may not use the filerskeepers API to replicate or compete with core products or services offered by filerskeepers
- Advertising, including display ads, within the Application experience or the filerskeepers platform. In addition, Applications may not use Content or content from filerskeepers in any advertisements or for purposes of targeting advertisements or contacting End Users, including in that Application, your other Applications, or elsewhere
- Implying a filerskeepers endorsement, certification, affiliation or partnership unless you have explicit permission from filerskeepers to do so
- Sub-licensing, distributing or allowing access to the filerskeepers API to anyone else
Design: Good design is an important part of a product development. We want filerskeepers developers to create beautiful and thoughtful Applications. Please provide your End Users with excellent, well-designed products. As part of good design practices, Applications and developers are prohibited from:
- Violating the filerskeepers Brand Guidelines
- Infringing upon any intellectual property rights in your design. You must include, with your submission, a well-designed, high quality, distinctive icon that doesn’t resemble the filerskeepers logo
- Changing the Application’s look, feel, function, operation or disclosures after filerskeepers review. Any changes must be submitted for re-review
Law and Safety: Applications should not create unsafe environments or hardships for End Users. Each Application must comply with all applicable laws and legal requirements in all locations where it is made available to End Users. In addition, Applications and developers are prohibited from:
- Permitting use by children under the age of 16
- Spamming, harassing, stalking, intimidating or threatening End Users
- Allowing impersonation of End Users or otherwise allowing for false representations within the Application
- Facilitating violations of the law
- Infringing on anyone else’s intellectual property rights (including filerskeepers’)
- Representing that your Application is authorized by or produced by another company or organization
- Allowing or facilitating financial transactions conducted in an insecure and unapproved manner
In addition, Applications and developers must:
- Exercise good judgement
- Submit Applications with reasonable work-related or team-building purposes
- Be a good fit for filerskeepers workspaces
- Notify us immediately if you change the function of, or discontinue your Application
Content breach: If Content is breached, exposed, exploited, or otherwise compromised through your Application or company, you must inform all affected End Users and filerskeepers immediately. You can reach filerskeepers at email@example.com.
Violations of this policy may result in token revocation, developer suspension, End User notification, legal action or any other action deemed necessary by filerskeepers. If requested, you must provide us with proof of compliance with this policy. If you violate this policy we may or may not provide notice before taking action. Please note that we may periodically audit Applications. If you fail an audit before notifying us of any issues, penalties will be more severe.
This policy will change as the filerskeepers API evolves. Please check back regularly for updates. We may use your email address or a notice through the Services to communicate any material changes to this policy.
If you have any questions about the filerskeepers API or the review process, we’ll be happy to help. Send us a note to: firstname.lastname@example.org.